Thursday, June 11, 2015

my 8th period's class

        So in 8th period i have community services. I had been going to community services for few months and it was a hell of an experience. During the few month that I have been going to community services I learned a few things. When I started this I was not happy at all because I hate doing things without earning any money. The only reason I decided to do it because I need it to graduate, however, one thing happen that made realize that I’m doing something really good. So when I went to the elderly place, I was interacting with the elderly and I notice they love the company. I can imagine them being there miserably without anyone visiting them. When the smile was on their face, it made me have a huge smile as well.
So today there was award ceremony at the YMCA, I attended just to get hours like always and not cared about anything else. One thing I noticed is when I was there that when a person win award, that same person love the most support she/he can get even though that person don’t know them all. I can imagine myself winning award and not have any there to cheer me on and motivates me to continue and never stop. I now realize I should start attending to any events there is, even if it don’t have anything involving myself.
Thanks to Tamera for inviting all too all these events and helping us to experience something new. She changed my perspective on how I see community services. Money is not the only award that matters, another one is knowing you bright someone day. That makes me feel better a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment